Fitness
Classroom
Freebies
AboutMe
Home


Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Linky and planning my attack!

Wow, look at me!  Two posts in one month!  Woohoo!  I'm hoping you caught my sarcasm..snort.

I'm linking up with Jen at The Teachers' Cauldron for a New Year's Resolution linky par-tay! 


I love linky parties!  It's always so fun to meet new bloggers and learn new stuff about my faves.  And that it's during break when I actually have time to read and respond--even better!

Personal Goal

I was writing this post in my head while showering this morning and realized that I have had the same resolution since I was in the fifth grade.  I can remember doing a writing assignment on it and the sweet comment that my teacher wrote on my paper.  I have been resolving to lose weight for that long in my life.  She wrote on my paper that I was one of God's beloved children and that she knew someone as smart, sweet, and amazing as I was could do ANYTHING (in all caps!!).  I still cry (am as I write this) as I think about her.  I think I decided in that moment to be a teacher.  But still all these years later, I have not managed to accomplish this goal.  And I feel anything but amazing.  

So I'm going to try a new approach this year.  I call it the plan of attack.  I know that in my teaching career before I do anything I plan, plan, plan and what do we do for each child's progress??  Track, track, track, document, document, document...  I went back to SparkPeople today.  I hadn't blogged there since 2009!!  If you aren't familiar, it is a website (and now app) that is completely FREE and allows you to set goals, track your food and fitness, and has a very supportive community of teams, bloggers, and message boards.  I reset all my goals, blogged, and am going to start a SparkTeam for primary teachers with a friend of mine.  I'll post the link as soon as we come up with a name.  We bloggers know how hard coming up with a name is!  Any ideas?

Here's their link if you want to check them out:

You know I'm all about the **spark**le   haha!

Here's my page there:
 

Blogging Goal

This one is simple.  Blog more!  I actually do have some good ideas, I swear!  I feel like a frogger.  Fraud Blogger.  Haha!  Just kidding, mostly.  I'm missing out on some great things here.  You all talk of the amazing friendships that you've made from your blog and I'm jealous.  I haven't experienced that yet but it's my fault.  You have to be a friend to get a friend and to post and put yourself out there to make those relationships.  My goal for tonight is to visit, comment, and follow everyone in this linky.  :-)  

Plus I want to learn about creating.  I made my own media buttons yesterday and put them over there on the sidebar ---->  I was so proud of myself but was shaking in my shoes when it came time to move my design around and hit apply to blog.  I was afraid I'd mess something up.  Life's too short to be afraid of change or taking chances!  Attack!  

Go link up!

Much love and cyberhugs,

10 comments:

  1. Your 5th grade teacher was right. You can do it. (My best friend blogs about her weight-loss journey of losing 133 pounds. Go check her out if you have a minute. She's inspiring. joyjourneypaige.blogspot.com/)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Crystal! Following you right back! Love your blog and your post about your resolutions! I struggle with weight too. I spend all summer taking it off and then gain it ALL back during the school year! I believe planning, documenting, tracking AND weighing everyday are important. I quit doing that every school year and the scale goes back up!
    I LOVE it! FROGGER!! I think you just coined a new phrase!!! Best of luck on your resolutions! I look forward to reading more about your journey!
    Kim
    TheVeryBusyFirstGraders

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping over at my blog! Im your newest follower! First off, I'd like to say that I love your "sparkling" blog! That's so my philosophy too! :-) Secondly, I'm sure many teachers would agree, that it takes a lot of extra time to write a comment or two on a child's paper, however, knowing the long, lasting impact those comments can have, truly makes the extra time so worthwhile! Im glad your 5th grade teacher made a difference in your life!
    Blessings,
    Brittany
    Keepingupwithfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to find fellow Tennessee bloggers. Good luck with your goals. I need to lose some weight myself. I'll be interested in checking out the sparkpeopls.
    I've also been struggling to post more on my blog. It is well worth all the fiendships and things I've learned but it takes time and effort. Something I just haven't had lately. So I too need to commebnt more. I'm now follwoing you and look forward to seeing all your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Crystal! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think your media buttons look great- nice job! I am your newest follower. Good luck with your goals and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Crystal! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog because it led me to yours :) It is fantastic! I am thrilled to be your newest follower! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for following me -- I'm returning the follow. You and I have a lot in common! I've wanted to lose weight since childhood as well, and I also love SparkPeople. I haven't been on there in a while, but I think I might return to that site in a couple of weeks should my New Year's enthusiasm start to wane. It's such a great site.

    I love your blog design and your positive can-do attitude! Can't wait to read more!

    Alison
    Eberopolis: Teaching Reading & Writing with Technology

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Crystal,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm your newest follower. Good luck with your resolutions!
    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your media buttons look awesome! I'm proud of ya!
    I wish you tons of success with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot coming from a designer like you! ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Hugs!