Fitness
Classroom
Freebies
AboutMe
Home


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Scoot and scoot some more!

Oh my!  I have seen so many posts about this game Scoot so I thought I'd give it a try.  I wrote numbers on their desks with dry erase and left a coin next to the number (very simple because that's how I roll right now).  They had to scoot around and tell me the value of the coin.  We practiced and practiced and practiced how to move around the room, then SCOOT and SCOOT some more.  They absolutely loved it!  I think they would have done it through recess if I'd let them.  It was enlightening as to who is still confusing values.  A few surprised me.

***sigh***  Normally we would be on spring break right now but some genius decided it would be better in April.  Never mind the fact that our last day of school is May 21st.  I need a break now!  I'm about to check half my class in to TattleTale Anonymous!

Tomorrow is Friday eve!

2 comments:

  1. I feel you on the spring break thing, ours is the first week of April, but it can't come soon enough, we go until June 7th! So Glad I found your blog can't wait to read more!!
    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Hugs!